The Method of Study
All students have to devote a lot of time to your studies but most of you find it impossible to finish the given task or assignments. From where then you can find time for study? For this there is no magic formula but the formation of correct study habits. This will keep you free from anxiety and give a feeling of confidence.
1. Avoid all distractions: Do not let your mind wander or be distracted from what you are doing. For this, select a quiet place.
2. Keep ready all the materials you might require close at hand so that you do not waste time and energy looking for it.
3. Study under proper light, for poor light tires the eyes and you lose concentration.
4. Have proper ventilation, for fresh air keeps the mind alert.
Make plan for study:
1.Keep in mind that what you have to study, how much you have study and time you have. Have a balance between leisure and study. Organize a timetable in such a way that you have fun and sufficient time for study. "All work and no play makes Jack dull boy". Fun is essential because an exhausted mind cannot absorb what you study.
2. Decide when to study and what to study. Make a weekly time table. It is better to have a short frequent period for each subject than long hours for one. Start with interesting easy lessons/topics and then go on to difficult ones unless they are interconnected.
3. Pay total attention to what you are studying. You will absorb more and understand better.
4. Do not study when you are tired. Relax with something light for short while and come back to studies. But do not confuse laziness and tiredness.
5. Understand the material you have to learn as a whole.
6. Re-learn and revise previous lessons frequently. If you have learnt mathematical formula or grammar rules practice their use for, practice makes it perfect.
7. Do not try to learn everything by heart. Read the chapter carefully, understand the ideas and write the essential points.
8. Do not learn notes but get the most important points and put them down in order under headings and sub-headings.
9. During the weekend, set aside sometime to go over the week's work concentrating on points you had not grasped.